The Tramshed has a heritage status of grade ii listed building and was first listed in 1975.
The official description on the Historic England website has the following description;
Including No 32 Rivington Street. Shoreditch electricity generating sub-station. Built 1905-7 by LCC architects (probably Vincent Harris) to serve LCC tramway system.
Brown stock brick with stone cornices and parapet copings, Mannerist classical style. One storey with attics; long frontage of 7 sections has plain walls with rusticated brick quoining. Stone impost band connects 3 large round-arched windows to central section, flanked by taller slightly projecting bays with tall round entrance arches and segmental concave parapets. Beyond these are lower sections with 5-light attic stories above double entry to right and 3-window range to left; rusticated end bays with 12-pane sashes complete the composition. That on left returns into Rivington Street; its facade has blank outer bays with parapet continued as impost band to tall round arched entrance set in rusticated, projecting centrepiece with ramped parapets.
Tramshed is located on the intersection between Rivington Street and Garden Walk. The site is well connected with numerous underground stations within a 10–15-minute walk, including but not exclusive of; Old Street, Barbican, Moorgate and Liverpool Street. Additional overground stations include Shoreditch High Street and Hoxton.